Monday, May 30, 2005

And One More

It occurs to me that I left out something very important in a previous post. The one about my not having a soft, chewy center.

I forgot to tell you all about how lucky I am. Not for surviving the surgery. I doubt there was much question about that. No, I'm lucky because of the wife. More specifically, I'm lucky to have met her and even luckier that she said yes when I asked her to marry me. One day I'll blog about that. It's a neat story.

I'm lucky because this kind, gentle, warm woman stayed at the hospital during my surgery, by herself, alone with her worries. I'm lucky because she worried about me, but didn't let it show when I needed her to be calm, gentle, and warm.

I'm lucky because this wonderful woman is caring for me during my recovery. I had the surgery, but she has to change the dressing. She has to look at the results of the surgery.

I'm lucky because she reminds me she doesn't want bad things to happen to me, and that she doesn't like it when I'm hurting.

I don't deserve to be this lucky. I don't deserve to have someone so kind care so much for me. And I'm never going to forget it.