Friday, April 20, 2007

The Comedy Stylings of Al Gonzales, Part III

Senate Testimony Edition:


"I recall making the decision, I [just] don’t recall when the decision was made."


"As someone who grew up in a poor neighborhood, I'm sensitive to the plight of minorities and the poor with respect to the right to vote. I don't want prosecutions to have a 'chilling effect' or that would discourage minorities from voting. Except when a Republican might lose an election."



"I'm not really aware of what input, advice and views went into compiling the list of fired US Attorneys. But I fired the US Attorneys based on that list. I'm certain no improper motives went into the compilation of the list. Even though I'm not aware of how the list was assembled. Or why different people's names were put on it."