Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Dubya Has No Shame


Been away, now I'm back. Visited the Lone Star state but Dubya wouldn't allow an audience with me, either.

Cindy Sheehan is the California woman holding vigil outside Dubya's Crawford, Texas ranch until he meets with her to provide a reason for her son's death in Iraq. I'm sure you've read about it, but if not, details are here.

I'm pleased with the media attention Sheehan has been getting, especially the bad press for Dubya. When asked about Sheehan, Dubya said "I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life."

That includes attending a Republican fund-raiser and a little league game and a bike ride with Lance Armstrong.

But Dubya says "I grieve for every death" and that's supposed to make it all better. This is the same man who has never been to a soldier's funeral, whose Pentagon won't allow pictures of their caskets and who only mentions losses when they are in double digits. Oh, and he thinks about Iraq every single day.

America deserves better than George W. Bush