Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hats, Men, Chill

On this chilly October morning, a bit of nonsense. That damn hippie Atrios posted a YouTube video of the 80s tune "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats. I made the mistake of watching, and now can't get that tune out of my head!

The group's (or was it just the one guy?) name circled my brain for a bit last night, eventually landing on a scene from "The Big Chill." Tom Berenger, enters the living room late at night to find William Hurt sitting on the couch watching an old movie on late-night television:

Berenger: What's this?
Hurt: I'm not sure.
Berenger: What's it about?
Hurt: I don't know.
Berenger: Who's that?
Hurt: I think the guy in the hat did something terrible.
[shot of TV shows a man being thrown through the glass window of a door. All characters are wearing hats]

Why I chuckle every time I think of that scene, I don't know.